Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Zulfikar Ali Bhutto


Zulfikar Ali Bhutto

Zulfikar Ali Bhutto was a Pakistani politician and statesman who served as the 9th Prime Minister of Pakistan from 1973 to 1977, and prior to that as the 4th President of Pakistan from 1971 to 1973. He was also the founder of the Pakistan People's Party (PPP) and served as its chairman until his execution in 1979.


              Born:        5 January 1928  Larkana, Sind, Bombay                                             Presidency, British India(now in Sindh, Pakistan)                  

          Education:       Christ Church, Oxford. University of                                                     California, Berkeley. University of Southern                                        California .The Cathedral & John Connon                                           School. University of Oxford                                                                                          
       
      Died:  4 April 1979 (aged 51)Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan
           
         Political Party:     Pakistan People's Party.
      
       Spouse:     Nusrat Ispahani
        
       Children:    Benazir,Murtaza,Sanam,Shahnawaz



"My dear countrymen, my dear friends, my dear students, labourers, peasants... those who fought for Pakistan... We are facing the worst crisis in our country's life, a deadly crisis. We have to pick up the pieces, very small pieces, but we will make a new Pakistan, a prosperous and progressive Pakistan, a Pakistan free of exploitation, a Pakistan envisaged by the Quaid-e-Azam."

(Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, 1971)


"I did not kill that man. My God is aware of it. I am big enough to admit if I had done it, that admission would have been less of an ordeal and humiliation than this barbarous trial which no self respecting man can endure. I am a Muslim. A Muslim's fate is in the hands of God Almighty I can face Him with a clear conscience and tell Him that I rebuilt His Islamic State of Pakistan from ashes into a respectable Nation. I am entirely at peace with my conscience in this black hole of Kot Lakhpat. I am not afraid of death. You have seen what fires I have passed through."

"He was the only one who appealed for clemency for his life."

“We(Pakistan) will eat grass, even go hungry, but we will get one of our own (Atom bomb).... We have no other choice!”

“The people have realized that Martial Law is not law. A regime not established by law is devoid of the attribute to dispense law. A regime which puts in a bunker the highest law in the land does not have the moral authority to say that nobody is above the law.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment this..